- Things to do / see / eat in the Santa Barbara area
- Short Story Clubbin’ (3/3)
- Short Story Clubbin’ (2/3)
- Short Story Clubbin’ (1/3)
- “No comment.”
- My occupation is approved by US Customs
- Gone with the what now?
- This is not a contest.
- Chicago-land Activities
- For some people, the glass is basically half full. Of chunks of glass.
- Maps of Texas! Yeehaw!
- And isn’t it ironic, dontcha think?
- I’m gonna let you finish, but…
- The War of 1812!
- We are living in a material world
- Just another foray into material culture and girlhood studies
- More on words
- Queering Barbie Dolls
- RIP Stompin’ Tom
- Thank you. No, thank-you!
- Irrational anger
- Let me get a big “hell yeah” for the tricks of pedagogy
- What do you NEED to know? (2/2)
- What do you NEED to know? (1/2)
- Words, words, words
- [Insert obligatory Valentine's Day post here.]
- What is a degree even good for? I mean, really.
- “Where’d you get that camera!?”
- Way to go, Little Company of Mary Hospital!
- Theory of mindlessness (or Whaaaat? – Part 4)
- Props to human geography teacher Molly Myers
- The game you can’t lose (or Whaaaat? – Part 3)
- Have you lost your marbles? (Or Whaaaat? – Part 2)
- Are you lost, little girl? (or Whaaaat? – Part 1)
- United Steaks? (1969 / 2009 mash up)
- Research mash-up
- The more you know…
- …other times, I send out even wackier emails.
- It’s every* cartoonist’s favo(u)rite day of the year!
- Sometimes, I send out wacky emails…
- You win some, you lose some…
- Kevin Keller is so dreamy
- Pick a side
- Kids these days…
- The most amazing book shop ever
- Carleton University Service Excellence Award 2011
- Movember appears to be a big deal in Canada
Category Archives: Uncategorized
If you have done something really clever and found yourself visiting a friend around Santa Barbara in the middle of the worst snowstorm on record for your Illinois town, props to you. Here are some things that you can do: … Continue reading
We’re relocating to the Seattle area in the near future, and I’m hoping to start up yet another reading club (as I continue to trudge through my dissertation chapters one word at a time). Here are some other short story … Continue reading
Because I missed the Gothic Short Story Club upon my return to Urbana, I started up a club of my own. Here is our reading list: – Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? by Philip K. Dick – “The Landlady” … Continue reading
Because a doctoral program isn’t enough to keep me off the streets and out of the pool halls, while I was in Ottawa working on the PhD core seminar and sundry course requirements, I had the distinct pleasure of participating … Continue reading
I’m away from Facebook for a while, so you’ll have to suffer through my mad research links here! During research for a recent paper about Maplelea Dolls, some wild stuff turned up.
I’ll be the first to admit that I occasionally use the slightest bit of hyperbole to make my stories just a little bit more entertaining. But seriously, this all went down exactly like this: The last time I had the … Continue reading
This contains mad spoilers, so if you haven’t read Gone with the Wind yet, or you don’t know what happens in Twilight, then this post will likely not be very interesting to you, and may ruin what fun you might … Continue reading
It’s more of a Call for Submissions in Exchange for a Hand-Crafted Wearable Piece of Art. If you are interested in participating, please send me the following: 1) An email with the subject line: “This is not a contest entry.” … Continue reading
Sometimes people email me and they are like “HEY WE ARE COMING TO CHICAGO” and I am like “AWESOME” and then I type them up an email of everything I think they should do. From now on, I’ll just send … Continue reading
One of those sisters I know called the other day to lament that she had gotten an 11 out of 20 possible points on a quiz. (In Canada-land, that might even be a passing mark. In America-land, not so much.) … Continue reading