I have no other words about what wikipedia terms the “Charlie Hedbo shooting,” so I’ll leave you with some images and links culled from around the Internet:
– The National Film Board of Canada offers Nothing Sacred, a documentary about Canadian political cartoonists Aislin and Serge Chapleau.
– sexcrazydwarf on Imgur compiled an album entitled “Arab newspapers around the world react to Charlie Hebdo attack.”
– Ever faithful to the quantified list format in the face of everything and anything, BuzzFeed presents “23 Heartbreaking Cartoons From Artists Responding To The Charlie Hebdo Shooting.”
– The Institute for Comics Studies Facebook page shared an interview, “Comics Legend Art Spiegelman & Scholar Tariq Ramadan on Charlie Hebdo & the Power Dynamic of Satire,” from Democracy Now.
– Anne-Laure Amilhat-Szary pointed the Critical Geography Forum list serv to Elisabeth Vallet’s social media profile, and she has several relevant items up on her Twitter feed.
– And, last but not least, from Joe Sacco at The Guardian, “On Satire – a response to the Charlie Hebdo attacks.”
All in all, it’s a lot to read, think about, and eventually incorporate into some kind of complex pedagogical narrative about free speech and visual culture(s)…